Friday, May 14, 2010

First Summer Thunder Storm of the Year...

Some people told me today that this is not the first summer thunder storm of the year since there was another one about 2 weeks ago. I slept through that one so I am counting this one as my first one. I always love thunder storms in summer time, when the temperature is warm enough to allow us to play in the rain without shriving. I always love the flesh of lighting and the sound of thunders.

I remember as a kid, I use to stand outside in the open when there is a thunder storm to see how long I can withstand my own fear for the thunder and the lighting. I remember those soaked, sticky clothes that stay close to the fresh of my body as I stand out in the open, in a sense challenging the nature and my own human nature at the same time.

I wondered, was there a time in human history in which they don't fear lighting even as they stand out in a opening during a storm. I wonder if those long lost ancestors of ours was able to appreciate lighting and thunder without a hint of fear but with sense of wonders... had we lost something that is so essence to us, so essence to nature?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share