Saturday, May 15, 2010

32 pumpkins plants and 7 potato plants...

Yesterday after I finished my volunteering services, I went back to the garden which is situated by a local hospital with pumpkins circles and rows of potato to check on the growth of the young ones and to water them for yesterday was a hot, dry day.

It was always so exciting to go to the gardens and see the progress it has made. I counted the pumpkins and the potato. I have 32 pumpkins plants and 7 potato plants now. I feel blessed as I carried a big grin. I am so loving this.




1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, seven of them pumpkin plants!!! 







Pumpkin plants!







Close up on a pumpkin plant, can you see all the detail, beautiful patterns on the leaf. 















This is a potato plant!!! 








Potato cracking the dry hard ground, fighting to be alive, fighting to breathes. 







Two potato plants coming from the same potato seeding. 












While I was checking out the pumpkins circle, a bird with a touch of orange on its head, come hopping around and away from the pumpkin circles. It could be my imagination or it could be the bird's body language, I felt that the bird was feeling guilty. Ha, it sound silly, I know. But I wondered was it eating the leafs of the pumpkins plants when I arrived for one of the pumpkins only have one leafs while normally it have a pair of leafs. The sighting of the bird reminded me that I am not only completing with the weather, nature and the soils, I am also completing with other animals for the existence of those plant. The competitive nature of mine arose as the thought mature. I have no resentments toward the bird for it is right so for the bird to gather foods, just as right so for me to gather foods. I truly appreciate my encounter with the bird as it reminded me this valuable lesson: not just humans should deserve to gain from this earth but also all animals under the sky deserve a piece of this land, treasure and kingdom. Thank you, little bird... for reminding me this lesson.




This is my gardening log book which I keep all my information and history of this guerrilla gardening project!!!


Thanks for reading again!!! 
I really appreciate your reading!!! 
If any of my blog entries provoke thoughts in you, please leave me a comment. 
I would love to hear about it all!!! 

Have a great day!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share