Sunday, May 9, 2010

Coffee shops runs, Coffee grounds, gardening!!!


Today, I was having breakfast and a cup of coffee with a lovely lady friend of mine and at the end of our outing, I remembered that coffee grounds are great for gardens so I proceeded to ask the cashier of this local coffee shop for their used coffee grounds. She was quite excited about it and she scooped me 2 big silver color bag of coffee grounds. I bet the gardens will love it!!! 

On my way to home to celebrate Mother's day with my family and the best mom in the whole wide world, I stop at another local coffee shop for more coffee grounds. Another exciting face, the cashier told me they have quite a bit just outside of the back door. I picked them up and put it right in the back of car. It is really a mess in the back of car. Oh well.... 

After work tonight, I drove around to two more local coffee shops for more used coffee grounds. One of them closed and one of them still open. Another exciting face, another cashier happily took me to the back of the coffee shop and handed me 3 big buckets of coffee grounds. I gave thanks and excitingly I drove off to home under the setting sun. 

It is so beautiful that people is so excited about gardening and reusing what would be trash to help bring new life to earth. I am so happy to see and experience all these blessing. 

I am so excited about tomorrow when I go to my gardens in downtown and feed my gardens!!! I fill my water containers and packed my shovel and fork in my car and i am ready for a great gardening day tomorrow!!! 




The back of my car, full of buckets, bags of coffee grounds!




















Coffee grounds in my front passenger seat






Filling the water containers... can you see that the paint is coming off... OH NO!






Water containers in my garage, drying overnight!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share