Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A morning of cooking, a sign of thankfulness and a lot of wooden boxes.


I don't know if you remember or not that I am currently renting a studio space out of this old warehouse. I am currently getting ready and in preparation for a project and it requires me to build about twelve little wooden boxes. They are about 8"x 8"x 8'. I will explain the project a bit later when the boxes are all finish and they are at where they belong.

I been building my boxes with the help of good friends who I just met in this last month. They are Ryan and Mono. They share the studio space that just next to me with a staircase separating us. They both been a great help to me from teaching me how to build a wooden box to letting me work in their wood workshop with all their tools. I am so thankful for them. I asked Mono how can I ever repay their kindness and he with a great smile told me that if I really want to pay back the favor in someway or another way, he would love to have to cook him some Chinese food. With a smile on my face then too I said sure. What a simple man he is. Food is quite powerful in our time or really, in all era of human existence. It is what we need to survive; it is what we give one and other to show thankfulness; it is something we glut over; it is the most common activities for people to gather together... Food is a part of human's life, well being and community.

 So this morning I woke up and get some work done around the house and I headed to a local grocery store to buy what I need to make the Chinese food. I made stir fry vegetables with peanut sauce and a container full of white rice.

Such exchange of goodness really encourages me. It is such a beautiful thing to do, to be willing to goes out of one's way to helps and understands another person. It is so wonderful. Human are meant to be with other humans in a community and the sharing of goodness is a big part of this relationship between humans, the exchange of goodness and kindness.



here is the recipient for the sauce and some pictures:




1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned or freshly ground)


2 tablespoons soy sauce


4 teaspoons minced garlic


1/2 cup hot water


1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro


3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar


2 teaspoons sugar


3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper










    Hmm... it was so delicious!!! It is also beautifully colorful too!























    The tool and the onion that I used in the process of cooking that meal. 






    Here is some of the pictures of the wood shop, Mono and the small wooden boxes: 


    Here he is, like a second father, he take real good care of me. 







    The working tables of tools and wood. 








    Here are the boxes... 7 down and 5 to go. 








    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Share