Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The boxes are done... what a busy day!

The boxes that I was building is done now. There are 12 of them and they are looking great.
Now I just have to have them painted and they will be ready to be use.

The use of the boxes is for a new project that I am planing. If you had checked out another one of my blog that call "The True Library Project", it is here: http://thetruelibraryproject.blogspot.com/

Here is the description of "The True Library Project":

This is a blog that work along side my other blog:
www.athankfulone.blogspot.com
It is a recording of another social experiment I am doing. 

This experiment is call "The True Library Project"
I want to challenge the way we learn and teach today. 
I want to challenge the way our education system is today. 
I want to experiment a new way of learning and teaching, a new way of exchanging knowledges and insights. 
I hope this experiment will give me new directions and insights into this issue. 

The project will requires me to go around and ask anyone, strangers or friends alike, to ask them for a piece of knowledge and I will write them down in my note book. As I go to people and ask for their knowledge, they will be encouraged to read what already be written in the book, knowledges that other had written. This project will provides a platform and a place in which people can learn from each other and at the same time able to contribute to others' knowledge. People can continue to come back to me to farther contribute or to read what is new in the book. It is an ongoing process of knowledge exchange and sharing. 

I wonder what it will be like if we all carry a book like this and we pass it around all the time. Will we learn more??? I don't know yet or I might never know, but hopefully this project will give me new thoughts about this subject matter.



The 12 boxes that I made is for the same project. I will situate all these boxes in different places throughout downtown. Inside the box I will situate a book and a pen. It will be the same concept as the book that I carry around where people can write down a piece of knowledge that they have and at the same time to read what other write. This 12 boxes will be like a little knowledge station, a place where people can read and learn at the same time. 

here they are: 



Here they are!!





I still don't know what color it is going to be... any suggestion!!!



I am very excited about the project!!! Now I need to spend time and figure out what kind of places I should place all these boxes.! 


Keep in touch
peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share