Monday, May 17, 2010

I just started a new blog... it is call "The True Library Project"... check it out.

The website is:
http://thetruelibraryproject.blogspot.com/

It is one of my social experiment. It is also a part of the artwork for ArtPrize.
Here is the description of the blog and the project:

"This is a blog that work along side my other blog:
www.athankfulone.blogspot.com
It is a recording of another social experiment I am doing. 

This experiment is call "The True Library Project"
I want to challenge the way we learn and teach today. 
I want to challenge the way our education system is today. 
I want to experiment a new way of learning and teaching, a new way of exchanging knowledges and insights. 
I hope this experiment will give me new directions and insights into this issue. 

The project will requires me to go around and ask anyone, strangers or friends alike, to ask them for a piece of knowledge and I will write them down in my note book. As I go to people and ask for their knowledge, they will be encouraged to read what already be written in the book, knowledges that other had written. This project will provides a platform and a place in which people can learn from each other and at the same time able to contribute to others' knowledge. People can continue to come back to me to farther contribute or to read what is new in the book. It is an ongoing process of knowledge exchange and sharing. 

I wonder what it will be like if we all carry a book like this and we pass it around all the time. Will we learn more??? I don't know yet or I might never know, but hopefully this project will give me new thoughts about this subject matter. 

On this blog, I will post all the knowledges that I gain from the day and I hope you all will enjoy it and if you like, please comment on it. The tile of each entry is the name of the knowledge giver and where is he or she staying. 

Hope you will find it interesting and inspiriting!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share