Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A quick watering section and a wonderful conversation with an old man with his dog.

Yesterday, May 4, after my volunteering session at 4 pm, I went back to the garden in downtown, the one that we got ask to leave last night by a security guard. I want to check on the garden and maybe even quick go in and water it with my all to bright red gasoline containers that will capture bystanders attention without any difficulties.

No one was around, not even the security guard in his patrol car, I wonder maybe there is no security guard on duty in the day. If that is the case, that would be very beneficial to our gardening project. With one last look around for the security guard, I grabbed one of my 5 gallons gasoline container full of water and i ran inside the lot as fast as I can, which is not that fast since a 5 gallon water container full of water is quite heavy. I cannot help but look suspicious as I ran with a gasoline contain into a empty lot at a busy intersection in downtown. I also cannot help but have a smile on my face. I watered as fast as i can and got myself all wet due to my hurrying. I ran out and what a successful story.

Then I headed for my carrot seeds and squash seeds as I thought I would plant some of them on these 3 empty flower bed just outside of that empty lot on the sidewalk. Then I saw an old man and a beatiful dog in the empty lot next to my garden. I want to ask him had he ever got in troubles with the security guard for walking in the lot. he said its his first time so he really don't know how to answer the question.

His name is john Person and his dog, rusty. we chat for awhile. I told him about my garden as he told me about a neighborhood garden that his neighborhood had put up last year. He loves my idea of gardening. It is so nice and encouraging to know that gardens are shooting up everywhere. he said he lived by the Godwin High School. The community garden is at the conner of Division and Jefferson! I should check it out sometime. You should too!

Then we chat more. He told me about how he once lost his dog in lansing for 2 weeks and lucky they reunited later. he loves his dog, Rusty.

We said our goodbye and I was going to plant over at those 3 flower beds but then I realize it probally was not a good idea sine it is in the afternoon with so many eyes watching. So i ran in and out of the empty lot again to water... another o successful story!!!






Those are my water container... I truly wonder what people thought when they saw me with those bright red containers. 





They look so good!!!






The pumpkins look so good too!!!






After a full day, I treated myself to a treat from a local bakery. It is my favorite, chocolate orange scone. 
It was so good!!! I sat there with my journal. What a good relaxing time!


I hope all these will inspirit you to go out and garden yourself too... guerrilla gardening or not. Just go out and get close to the dirt, feel it in your hands, more it to form and grow and appreciate it with all your heart.    keep tune!!

1 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh, Patrick! That is so neat. I wish I could have been there to meet John and Rusty.

Post a Comment

 
Share