Saturday, May 8, 2010

4 police patrol car passed by and 3 passed without a word... but the last one...

Two night ago, We went out guerilla gardening last night again, Andrew and me. It was such a great night, great adventure!!! 

Before everything started, I went over to my studio to spray paint all my bright red gasoline container that I been using as water container since it is very suspicious looking when I carrying them across empty lots at the middle of the night. i wanted to spray them all black so they can be invisible like in the darkness of the night but I did not have enough spray paint. So now they are not uniform in color, almost like the black one is the leader of the rest or like a secret weapon like water container I have... but I love them all the same. 



Here in my studio, the painted water containers... 





What a beautiful blue!!!





The 4 blue and 1 black... The 4 regular one and my 1 secret weapon!!





Andrew posting for the pic unintentionally!





I am sitting in THRONE in my studio!!!




Andrew and I met back at my house and then we drove over to my studio to pick up the gas container with new looks. Andrew dressed all black, ha, he is ready for a night of adventure. We first headed over to the lots that we had previously planted 4 rows of potato and 40 pumpkins, to water them. We got there and noticed that the same polices car (which we figured out a bit later that it is only a security guide patrol car for a hospital near by.) We lay low for a second and then we ran for it. Andrew watered the pumpkins while I watered the potato. We ran in and out! What a successful story! We did not get caught! We exchanged our report of the garden, everything look fine!!!!!! NO little green plant had came out yet... I am so excited to see them come up!!!

But with the security guard patrol car sitting there across the park lot, we did not want to provoke him, so we decided we were not going to plant in that lot that night. 

So we decided we will plant instead in this 2 square flower bed on the sidewalk just outside of the lot we were not allowed to be set foot upon. But since it is on the side walk, it is a public place own by the city, so we are free to do whatever we like, as long as the police allow. 

We planted Carrot and Potato in those 2 square. The soil was very nice and soft. It is going to be a good place for the carrot and the potato. during the time we were gardening. 4 police patrol car passed us by, 3 of them continued without slowing down but the last one that we encountered, stopped. He turn his bright light on us, switching back and forth between Andrew and I, not sure who is more suspicious. He asked us what we are doing and we replied, "we are planting carrot... and maybe some flower later (I really don't know will I plant flowers there or not, I said I will just so it sound better than just carrot alone that we are plant... people like flowers generally)" He then said,"OK" and left. WOW... we just got permission from the police to do gardening, how amazing is that. We were so excited!!!

We finished the gardening and ready to head home. Right before we head into the car, a man came to us to ask for a ride. There really not a open seat in my car since my back seat is full of gardening stuffs, so I said no and I am sorry to him, but then my guilt did not let me reject him. We invited him into our car and drove off to where he is staying. His name is Steve and he is 47 of age, just got back from a bar downtown and speak of the beautiful women that he saw. We keep reminded him to be respectful to the women and not see them as objects. I wonder did he like to hear that. He is a good, kind, soft spoken man, really he is. Throughout the ride he told us of himself, his family and his situation now. He is a salesman that sells body oil. It was so nice to hear a story from a stranger, to be able to earn one's trust and have the honor to listen one... it is such a blessing. 

We dropped him off at his place. Before he left the car, he spoke of his true yearning to have a nice girl that he can care and respect for instead of those pretty women that he wanted to fool around with. I know he meant it when he said that, that he just wants a good girl to love, to trust and to be with. I appreciate steve, his honesty, his stories, and the time we got to be with each other and getting to know each other. 

Tonight, not just seed was planted into the ground, but a seed from Steve planted into my heart. 



Andrew losing up the square of dirt!
















The painted watering container in its first mission!!!





The square planted with carrot!





Here is Steve!!! Thank you Steve for sharing and being what you are!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share