Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little bump on the journey...

Dear readers,

Today was not a very productive day which is a bit troubling to me as I only have about 9 days to go until my experiment starts. The rain cover and the rain water collector that I had designed had proved to be not strong enough for a rain storm. I realized half way through the building of it that I have forgotten to account for the wind factor in a storm. The structures that I had built this morning and early afternoon is not strong enough to withstand the winds in a median rain storm. I was a bit discouraged and a bit worry since times is very valuable these day as the starting date is not far ahead.

I had redesigned the rain water collector and the rain cover and I am ready to build the structure tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to finish the whole rain cover and water collector tomorrow. If not, I will be a day late in my schedule.

The "Traveling Manual" been coming along very well with many of its components researched and ready. I am started to now putting things together, in order and assemble them all together in a book.

Here is some pictures of the fail attempts of the rain cover structure:



That is the structure that I discovered as not workable, the one on top of the tool kit.



























 











Thanks for you reading. 
All the best



Patrick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share