Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The basic structure of the rain top/ rain water collector has been built and mounded!!!

Dear reader,

In the last 2 days, I been working mostly on the "Traveling manual" and it been going very well. The "Travel manual" is a book that I am preparing for the journey that I am going to undertake, the experiment. It is not really a manual in the sense that it tell me what to do every day of those 4 weeks but more like a hand book/ guide/ informational notebook that has all my researches and notes that I had gathered in the last 2 months in preparation for the experiment. It is going well and there are so many information all pack in that book. I cannot wait to use it on the street and share it with all of you!!!

Also whenever my good friend, Fernando, who is a great metal sculptor, is free, I will head to the studio and ask him to help me to weld the frame work for the rain water collector on top of my tool kit. But today he did not came and I thought to myself, why don't I just try it myself so I did. It turned out quite well, the joint is a bit messy but it is indeed jointed tightly, the joints. I was quite proud of myself when it was all finished!!! It was a lot of fun and surely an adventure.




























A joint that my friend, Fernando welded, beautiful!





Also welded by Fernando!




The finished and mounded framework.


























Thanks for your reading and supports again. 
10 more days until the day I leave for the city!!!


Patrick

1 comments:

Andrew said...

It's beautiful! Nice job for your first time welding, Patrick :)

A little grammatical note for your title: You wrote "...water collector *had* been built..." (*emphasis added*). Had is the pluperfect, which implies that at some time it was, but no longer is. , I think that you meant to say "has," which is the perfect tense, implying that it still is.

Peace, brother.

Post a Comment

 
Share