Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am back to exploring... the fifth one!

Dear readers,


Today, I also started again my exploring expeditions. I was exploring a area composed of a huge hospital, a high school, a elementary school, fews construction site, few churches, a lot of parking lots and parking garages. It was an area composed of what many would called "public places". But as I traveled through the area, I found it is different so. They are all places in which people have to go with a purpose, if not, they are not so welcomed or belonged. People either have to be sick, be enrolled in the school year, be attending a service or have permission to park. Also, I wonder if those people who came to those spaces with the set goals of using the spaces' functions, ever form community with others in the same space.  Obvious that I realized and agreed that all those buildings have its function and purpose that meant to facilitate people who in needs or wants of those function and purpose. But I just want to voice my suggestion/question that is there anyway that those what many see as "public places" can truly became a public place in which all people are welcome and all are therefore, striving to foster good community? What about the people who came to those "public spaces" for the spaces' function and purpose, can there be any better ways that those spaces can allow and encourage their visitors to form community with other visitors?


Here is what I had marked on the map today:

  • 1 Crabapple tree
  • 2 American Hackberry trees
  • 4 potential sleeping spots
  • 1 abandoned city park
  • 1 high school
  • 1 elementary school
  • 2 construction site
  • 2 churches 
  • 1 cathedral
  • plenty parking garages and parking lots
  • 13 dumpsters
  • 3 card board dumpsters
  • 1 mail box
  • 1 potential rain water collecting place
  • 15 fire hydrants

Here is some of what I saw:



































An abandoned building






































A fence that hurt


























 


























Thanks for reading. 
All the best.



Patrick











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share