Wednesday, June 2, 2010

9 of them found a home and 3 are still orpans...

What a busy, busy, busy day and it is still not over yet, but I enjoy every bit of it.
 I woke up earlier than I should accorrding to the time I got to bed last night. One and a half toasted left over pancake and a cup of coffee; I was ready to go again.

I copied over the instruction page to all twelve books, researched on all the coffee shops in the area and took off to my studio to pick up my "Red Boxes". I placed a book and a pen in each of the "Red Boxes" and I was ready to find a home for each of them.


The 12 boxes that I made is for an new project. I am planning to situate all these boxes in different places throughout downtown and East Town. Inside the box I will situate a book and a pen. It will be the same concept as the book that I carry around where people can write down a piece of knowledge that they have and at the same time to read what other write. This 12 boxes will be like a little knowledge station, a place where people can read and learn at the same time. Hopefully through this new addition to the project, it will generate more interest and more accessibility for people to learn and to teach. 




All two of them










A pen and a book inside each of the "Red Box"




The instruction page. 





I went around with all those "Red Boxes"to all the places that I had scouted out as their home. As I said, 9 found a home. 



1.  
Bitter End Coffee House 


 On top of a book case next to the cashier counter.








The signs on top of all the boxes




2. 
Grand Central Market LLC













A man picked up the book and start reading, but he did not write anything down, which was a bummer. 




3. 
Schuler Bookstore







Right inside the front door! 




4. 
Local Mocha







When you walk in the door, right on your right side. 



5. 
Go Java Coffee












6.
The Sparrows Coffee House







Facing the front door.





7. 
Marie Catribs's 













8.
Common Ground Coffee

 
In the reading room.



The # 9 is at Wealthy Bakery now, but they had not promise to host it for me yet since they need the permission of their boss. 

I still have 3 more "Red Boxes" and I still am waiting for couple more place to responses back and couple more people that I still need to talk to. Hopefully by tomorrow at noon, I will find a home for all those Red Boxes.

All the address that was posted is a link to google map. If you click it, it will take you to the google map page of that address so that you can easily find out where all these "Red Boxes" are. I hope you will follow one or more of these boxes and enjoy what inside all of them. 

I am so excited about them all, and when all twelve boxes have a host then I will post a complete map with all their location. Can't wait to see what inside those books!!! 

Thanks again for tuning in and supporting me. I am so thrill to able to share this with you all. 


have a good night. 
Patrick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share