Monday, June 14, 2010

Another wonderful day, another small adventure...

Dear readers,

What a busy day, and a blessed one for sure.

I started the day with a great morning tea and a great conversation with a new friend that I made last week. Her name is Christy and she is a student who is researching for her final project for her doctrine degree. She is now researching areas like community gardening, sustainable food source, community building... She discovered that I was a guerrilla gardener and she wanted to know more what is the idea behind it all, so we went out for a coffee. I learned so much from her today about what is going on here in Grand Rapids relate to issues like sustainable city and political economic. It was fascinating and a joy for me to learn so much from her.

Then I went around a bit and collected words of knowledge from few "Red Boxes" around the area that I was in. It is always my joy to read them all. They are just so interesting.

I also did a little bit of exploring today after my volunteering opportunity. I now have the area covered: East to College Av; West to Lafeyette Av.; North to Leonard St.; South to Wealthy St. It is about one - fifth of the whole area. I am thinking maybe about 15 more exploring expeditions before the whole area will be all explored and recored.


Here is what I had marked on the map today:
  • 6 Mulberry tree
  • 2 Abandoned buildings
  • 1 Church from a remodeled big house
  • 1 Potential sleeping spot
  • 11 Dumpster 
  • 1 Dumpster for card board boxes
  • 10 Fire hydrants


Here is some of what I saw:


A section of the highway being repair.























































































Thanks for reading. 
All the best


Patrick




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share